Friday, April 20, 2007

April's Post


Yes, I'm a bad blogger these days. I like doing it and all, but by the time I get around to it...you know 11pm or after... my brain's pretty well done for the day anyhow.

So for those of you who are asking what have those two been up to lately? Well I am here to answer that burning question. Nada. Nothing new. But it's spring and the weather's been decent which results in us spending as much time outside as we can swing and still get my chores and 1 movie a day in.


Good weather day here. We went to the zoo. It was nice and peaceful. Miss Murry asked me if it would be okay to talk to this little girl at the penguin exhibit. She gets stranger danger huh? Anyhow...I said, sure go ahead. But I didn't coach her or anything. She didn't seem to know how to get the conversation rolling, so you can see how she's up in her space here. Her opening line...."Hi, this is me." All the adults standing around cracked up of course! So then I said, tell her, "My name's Ann-Marie" Then the other little girl, says, "My name's Ann-Marie" Toddlers are a hoot!!! We were all trying not to totally laugh out loud at this insanely insane conversation...but we weren't very successful. It's a scrapable moment for sure.




Later when the cold weather returned. A day at the aquarium. No funny story here. She was sullen and attitudinal for a good portion of the visit and her friend L was having his own issues. Then right as we are leaving they both get happy and all smiles and are holding hands having a grand old time. Two year old are their own special breed. I hope mine picks her more pleasant personality at age 3. Cause I expect this insanity to end right on her 3rd birthday!

They did have a ball feeding the turtles and touching the starfish. Or we'll call it that at least for L. ;)

We've had a lot of home days lately. Some weeks we run, run, run. Meaning I leave the house 3 or more days a week. Other weeks we leave the house 1 maybe 2 times. I much prefer those weeks.

Other life happenings...

  • Working out a lot more...eating better.
  • Got new shoes. Ordered them online from New Balance. Love anything that saves me from having to run downtown...30-45 minutes away from my little corner of the world.
    Oh and they are HOT. Somewhat orthopedic, but my foot is lovin' them. Picked up another pair of not so orthopedic ones, too.
  • AM has moved from her "cars" obsession to a "my little pony" obsession.
  • Blowing lots of bubbles, porching, cleaning, and just living life.
Good times.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

tsk tsk miss miss! I have more fun going to stuff than blogging these days too! I love little murray attitudinal and all!

Anonymous said...

Its funny the way those ponies are always hiding...that game is gonna wear out soon, for you, I hope anyway. Its great seeing the new pics....one day you will be saying..."remember when Murry was 2 and what fun we had...I miss those days" Cherish each moment..good and bad sweety...they pass so fast.