Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Ramblings from Murry's Mom...

Sleep is such a precious sight. I love to nap with her and I always spend the first 20 minutes just watching her sleep peacefully and then the next hour being kicked in the back....and then just when I'm getting good and into the nap, I hear...Mommy...get up!

Murry requires her dolly, Holly, and this threadbare yellow blanket for superb sleeping.

Sleep is also what I should be doing, but my kilter is off. I am having some insomnia issues that i haven't had in a long time. I can be totally tired and when I go to bed, I can't seem to get to sleep. Then today I was so tired from the whole 5 hours I got last night, that I took a nice 2 hr nap when the girl did....so here i am!

I had my 2nd dr. appt for my foot. On the last one they gave me a shot in the foot. It's no ordinary shot. She must have drug it out 3 minutes moving the needle around. Ick! I was fine during the shot. But after..... I went to pay out, and the lady was talking to me, and all I could think was that my world was going dark. I said I have to sit down and I did so right there in the floor. This has happened to me a few times. I do fine till 10 minutes after the fact! Once was when my dog got the sharp end of the chain link fence run thru her eyelid. I was fine to take it out for her and save the poor thing, but a few minutes later, I was hyperventilating. The other was when I had my cartilage peirced. Call me crazy, but once we got out into the mall, and I felt of it thru the stiff cartilage.......there I was sitting in the floor...trying not to pass out. LOL!

So anyhow my foot feels tons better & I pray it continues to improve. I wish I'd gone in months ago! The doc said to give it a good month with my new shoe inserts, a sleeping splint, icing it, and the cortizone shot. I am very optimistic!

Am is sick...again! Tonight she was running a 102 degree fever. Today has been the worst day so far. With all these dr appt's I've had, I ve been dragging the poor thing around too much. Tomorrow, we veg. out and hopefully she will recoup fast! Poor kid. She was just miserable tonight till her fever came down. I am going to have to get her a flu shot this year and get very vigilant on my chlorox wipes. I had hoped this was allergies since it started out with snot and sneezing, but it's getting worse. Much worse than last time. Last time could have possibly been allergies, but not this one.

Pass Your Plate.... I am loving this! Dinner in 30 minutes. It's already prepped. (by me so it's still homemade) Cleanup is easy. My husband isn't griping about having to eat Mexican food, again!, and they even give you the ww points. I couldn't have asked for anything better. It came on the reccomendation of my dear Aunt Weez. So thank you very much! Dan thanks you, too! Next months menu looks scrumptious.

I'm a list girl. I always have 3 lists going with stuff moving all over from one to the other. I have a TODAY list, a TOMORROW/THIS WEEK list and a HOPEFULLY THIS MONTH one. I don't see a lot getting done on any of them. Tomorrow will probably be a lot of cuddling and watching movies. I might sneak in a load of laundry and if I get my butt in bed, soon, I might even get something done during naptime.

That's all I got. I love you all. And G'night!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Enjoy your day of rest today. Hope AM starts feeling better soon!

Lisa said...

cute pic! Im so glad your foot is feeling better!

Resa said...

Sweet girl. Sorry she's feelin' bad again. I hope today was a better day.

I hope your foot feels better after all that. I'm the same way with passing..or almost passing out. I am a nurse and can handle other people and their bodily fluids fine, but if I see my own blood it's over. lol. My mom didn't think I'd ever make it through nursing school. hehe.