Thursday, September 28, 2006

Lions, and Tigers, and Bears!

Watching the sea lions. I propped her up there and the brake is on! Today was Zoo day with one of my mommy groups. Seems like many exhibits were under constructions or the animals just weren't cooperating...but so it goes..

Highlights
  • got to watch a snake eat a mouse.....
  • petting the goats
  • riding the train
  • seeing the zebras and giraffes
  • the butterfly exhibit

D is taking her back in a few weeks and they are gonna catch some of the stuff we didn't get to.

Sittin' on the neck of the turtle....
Two little monkeys looking at some monkeys.
Wings of Wonder... Pretty neat to have all those butterflies in one place, but not exactly toddler-friendly.
Petting the goat's butt.
Not even zoo related. This is my official beater licker. I made a chocolate diet pepsi cake. It was a hit with at least one person.
The crew checking out the sea lions.

Si- a Nara...

4 comments:

Trisha said...

double posting tonight... I see! Looks like you had fun, sorry I missed it. Maybe next time!

Misty said...

I do not see this double posting you speak of...

Crazy Blogger... :D

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm so curious - what on earth is a Diet Pepsi cake?

Misty said...

Well I'm doing Weight Watchers and they have several ideas for saving points on sweets. You can take any cake mix and add 12 oz of diet cola instead of the milk and eggs. I got a choc. pudding type cake and used the new diet pepsi jazz. It saves a few points. Next time I think I'm gonna make cupcakes with it and add just a few choc. chips. I'm experimenting. :D