Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Recipes I've been teasing you with...

The wraps aren't really a recipe per say, but something I threw together.....

Wraps made on a whim
1 flatout lite bread--found in the deli section...1pt.
2 thin slices of ham---cover the wrap 1 pt.
1/2 chicken breast cut into strips......1.5pts ( i use frozen and heat it for 1 minute)
2 tbsp. lowfat shredded cheese..... 1pt.

Heat for a minute or so till cheese melts.

then add
lots of lettuce
onion
cilantro
1 tbsp of raspberry vinegrette dressing .5 pts.

wrap up, cut in half and dig in! The dressinig and fresh cilantro make it yummy! I see so many possibilities with these little wraps. They are huge for 1 pt. and tasty!

Pineapple Angelfood Cake
(got this tip at my WW meeting)

Buy a 1 step Angelfood cake mix. Follow directions except substitute 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple for the water. (this makes it moist so you don't need anything with it) That's it! So Light and tasty. D ate the whole cake, tho. I had put it in 2 pans thinking it might spill over. It didn't. Mom and I ate the pieces in the small pan..not much. Then D came home and ate most of the other one, and finished it in the morning. That is my goal, though, to find lowfat recipes that we both like so we can change our way of eating.

Cake makes 12 servings. 3 pts. per serving. (depending on the brand of mix you buy, i guess)

Last night I made Enchilada Soup (per Trisha) and veggie fajitas. Yummmmmmy! A very tasty dinner for about 9 points! Tonight is my meeting, so wish me luck! I'm gonna need it after the size of the cake and ice cream I ate on Sunday...not to mention the chips and salsa, and hot links, and shish-ka-bobs..... Oh well next week is a new week, if I didn't lose this week, I will next week.

I'll let you know later.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

Good Luck tonight! Thanks for posting the recipes!!!

Lisa said...

Good Luck..and great outlook...If you don't lose it could be gearing up for our monthly visitor...

Misty said...

Stayed the same...exactly...i'll take it! Now onto next week. :-D

Resa said...

Yummmm sounds good. TFS! :)

Staying the same is a good thing especially on weeks where you splurge a little. ;) Keep up the good work girl!