Saturday, May 13, 2006

The long post with 3 parts.....

The Great Getaway
Mama got to sleep in while Daddy and the lil'un went to do their Mother's Day shopping. Then we headed over to see Uncle Ricky's new truck. Very nice, fancy, and makes me miss my leather from my Explorer. I just loved that smell. Mmmmm... Then the Mam and I headed out for lunch and some shopping. Good fun! We were Mother's Day shopping and had bought Nana some gifts, and who do we see....Nana. So we did a little hiding and a even a bit of running...hee hee...and we got away from her.

How Many Times Did I Say Yummy?
Then Miss Murry fell asleep on the way home, and I finally got some garage sale stuff ready while she napped away. I woke her up at 5 and finished my little job while she drew on the sidewalk with her chalk. Then we went over to Mamaw's to visit and she ended up coming over here for dinner. I made us some of those yummy wraps that I wrote about earlier. We have 4 votes now, so it's official...they are yummy...and only 5 points! Whoohoo! See, see how fun my life is.... I say that like I'm kidding, but truly, I love my life.

I also made a pineapple angelfood cake which also turned out to be very yummy. It was so yummy, that D ate about 8 servings when he got home!



Rocking Chairs, Rocking Babies.....

I need a new rocking chair in a bad way....
Murry and I are gonna rock out into the floor one of these days. The one I have now was given to us by D's uncle. I have rocked it, until parts have been falling off, and now something is just not right...it really tries to dump us out in the floor. It truly makes bedtime an adventure. I love our rocking time, and I'm not ready to give it up. I don't want to be rocking her to bed when she's in middle school or anything, but I feel like kiddos only want to cuddle with their mommies for such a short time. I want to cherish this time...and I want to do it without worrying about being thrown out the window...ha ha! So hopefully soon, we will go get a new rocker...maybe even one with a footstool this time! Whooohooo! Tonight she wanted me to read to her....I love it when she wants me...I'll just admit it! Sometimes she wants Daddy and I try to big about it, but he doesn't even really want to do it...anyway.... So this is my secret weapon...now shush ya'll don't be telling him. She likes her mama to sing to her and rub her hair after we read. She likes to ask me to sing "Sunshine" and "Amazing Grace"....and the "Rocking Chairs" which I totally made up since I just can't remember any other good bedtime songs. I guess I need to pull out the lullabye CD again. I know there were a few on there that I really liked. If you have some suggestions....feel free to share.

It's funny, huh...how in some ways I push her to grow up so fast, and in others I want to keep her little as long as possible. I'm sure when # 2 comes along, it'll rock both our worlds...all of them really. I mean can you ever really be prepared for all that comes with a new baby....I doubt it. I think the best thing to do is hang on, enjoy the ride, and know that you get your identity and some of your life back as years go on. Heck, I may not even want it back when the time comes. I mean, for real, I dig this "mom" gig. :-D

Ok so when she moves to her "big" girl bed....I might quit rocking her at bedtime....maybe....
Or we may just have to get 2 rocking chairs.....hee hee, nah....


Already trying to walk in Mama's shoes.....

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Sounds like you had a full day! So are you going to post those recipes or just make us want to try them and hold out on us ;)

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

Anonymous said...

I just love our girls day!!! We were sneaky huh!!!!!!! And the wraps were yummyyyyyyyy!!! Hold her tight while she is little...cause they grow up soooooo fast.....

Lisa said...

I think you can rock her as long as she lets you...I still wish someone could rock me sometimes...:) Hope you had a good mothers day!!