Saturday, May 06, 2006

OCD, ADD, and BVD's

What does it mean when you can't go to bed until you've checked all the locks twice? And all the remotes on the table have to face the same way...and certain doors open and certain ones shut....
There can't be even 1 dish in the sink. Yes I will actually lay there and think about that dish until it drives me silly and I get up, wash it, and put it away...then I can sleep. The other night when there was a decent mess and I was oh so tired, I thought I'll just go to bed and get it in the morning, but the little voice in my head started talking....oh you hate mornings......it'll just take a minute(yeah right--30 minutes)....you know you won't be able to fall asleep. So I got up and cleaned it allll up.

I was one of those kids who didn't know for sure what color carpet I had in my room. Hmmm maybe I didn't want to know since my mom(who i love dearly) had chosen a pink carpet. She will argue coral, but isn't coral just a shade of pink anyhow? Anyhow my cleanliness was lacking. it got so bad in there that I couldn't stand it and would sleep on the couch for a few nights till I gave it up and cleaned from top to bottom(usually at about 2 am one night).

Somewhere along the way I have improved my cleaning abilities. Not that my house is perfect, but I think my mom feared that I'd be one of those people who just had a path to walk through the house, or just crap everywhere.....

We've moved into the new house, but we're not settled entirely. My garage is still full of stuff. Most of it that I just want to get rid of. Garage sale, here I come! I want to simplify our lives as much as possible. The less stuff I have to move around to dust, the better.

I can come to terms with certain messes...like the one taking over my garage. But some things drive me bonkies!

The OCD should be obvious though I don't truly think I have it....the ADD would be the way my brain is skipping over topics tonight, and that just leaves BVD's....aka the big girl panties....

The news on that is that mine are getting to big..Whooohooo! Time for some new ones. For once I'm not getting too big for my britches, they are getting too big for me.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

yeah bvds!!! moving to tighter whities will encourage you cause nothing sucks worse than tight undies...

the locks are true for me too...when we go on a trip it's the worst....

hope you have a good laying around day today!!!