Friday, April 07, 2006

Happy 50th to the old man...

My old man that is ;) Tonight he turned 50. Happy Birthday Dad!

It's hard to think of my parents as being around 50. That means I must be real bona fide adult. Not sure if I'm ready for that title.

My Dad......


  • I've told him this before, but he gave me the best gift a parent can give......roots and wings....
  • loved (loves) us more than a person probably should....and yes Dad, I do understand that love now that I have a kid of my own...and only now.
  • worked his butt off too hard so that we would want for nothing....and still made it all our games and played catch in the yard and ball out in the drive
  • taught us right from wrong....and has a morale that most people just don't have these days....
  • likes to make the ones he loves happy...see them smile...watch their joy....see their face light up!
  • makes family a priority and has taught us the value of having a good family and treating each other right
  • is very giving and kind...even though others may not always see it (sorry if I'm giving away a secret here, Dad)
  • loves to tease me just to get rise out of me.....I have finally figured this out after YEARS of teasing....
  • makes us laugh
  • is wise (most of the time ;) )
  • is a caring, sweet grandpa
  • listens to us....
  • is just all around the best Dad I could have had....and sappy as it is....I'm glad he's mine!

That said....the thought of losing him...or Mom makes my heart break in two. I want them to see Ann-Marie walk down the aisle and have her first baby, their great-grandbaby,.....and (selfishly) be there for me when I'm seeing my baby grow up. So please, please take care of yourselves and try (again) to quit smoking.

Ok on a happier note, here are a few pics from tonight at the restaurant.

Here's AM and her 10$. He actually gave her a 10 $ bill even though she knows no difference from a 1$ bill. hee hee. She does ask for 10 $ though. We think it's because it's the biggest number she knows. It made Uncle Ricky proud. LOL








Dad & Ricky....yeah there's an abundance of beer bottles here...lol. I got a tiny little smirk from Dad...behind the hand there. He's not much on pictures, but I take them anyway. We had an evening of good food, and good conversation.

The pics of everyone else didn't turn out so great so this all you get.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

Awww how sweet ***tear*** Hope your dad had a FANTASTIC birthday, turning the big 5-0, my dad did that a few years ago, but still claims he's 29. hmmm what happens in 2 years when I turn 29. lol

Great pics and who really got the $10 bill after you left the restaurant ;)

Anonymous said...

50 isn't the end of the world. I know, I'm real close myself. What you said about Rick is the truth. I'm proud to have him in my family.

Anonymous said...

Well,,,,, you made it really hard to have coffee while reading your blog this morning, or even trying to read the blog. I too became what dad would say...a waterhead. You have your daddy all figured out now. That must be a load off your mind..lol. He truly is everything you said, and how lucky are we to have him huh?

Resa said...

Awww what a great post. Happy Birthday to your dad! He sounds like a great guy/dad. I'm glad you guys had such a great day. :o)