Friday, April 07, 2006

Ahhhh...goood nap

I attempted to get a few things done today. Got most of the laundry, the bills all paid, and the dishwasher unloaded before lunch. After lunch all my good intentions got sidetracked....plus Miss Murry wasn't having it. Right about naptime, I got this HUGE headache. So I put her down and took some advil and zonked out.....this is like 4 ish.

I woke up to loud sirens going off. Tornado Sirens!!! I ran and grabbed AM and turned on the weather just in time to see that there was a nasty storm about to hit. Well since I had done my usually silencing of the phones while I nap, Dan was worried of course. He came in the door about 5 minutes after we woke up and right when the nasty part of the storm hit. We got things ready just in case the tornadoes came with it.

Luckily they didn't and the storm passed rather quickly. Then we headed out to the house. We needed to get things ready for the carpet layer coming on Saturday and the countertop guy coming tomorrow. This is all happening so fast now. We're almost there. My light fixtures are in and we have light. Oh and those track lights I've been bitching about so much....i love them. They look great!!! I didn't think we'd ever find some that are pretty and affordable for us, but we did!

Looks like I'll be out there this weekend, too. Cleaning outside windows, touchup paint, final cleanup on tubs and showers.......and whatever else needs to be done. We're supposed to move next weekend!! Wowsa!! It's been a long time coming. I have so much to do........it all feels overwhelming right now...maybe I'll go pack a box to make me feel better....or maybe not ;)

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Get to packing lady! I'm ready to see the finished project!!!!

Ugh the tornado, Matt called my moms cell and scared us half to death. Tornado sirens went off not 10 minutes after he called then the hail hit. I would be out during all of this. Should have seen all of us ladies in the salon with tin foil in our hair and going ahhhh my hair! LOL

Lisa said...

I hope your headache is better. I can't believe how close your new house is. That's awesome. I would offer to help, but i'm conviently going out of town that weekend..:) I hope you have a good weekend.