Thursday, March 09, 2006

Sobfest 2006

OK adventures in motherhood continue for me. We've been runnin, runnin, runnin for 3 days now, so I needed a home day. We got up late as usual......had breakfast, played with her new tea set...thanks Nana;), and then I did my morning chores. After this I needed to sit down and see what was going on in the outside world....(get on the computer) so I put on the Lion King for the grunyun and sat down here. She was totally digging it with all the animals. She just loves animals. She's just watching along and all the sudden bursts into tears. Now I didn't see Lion King till I was much older--since that's when it came out--but I don't remember it as being so violent. She was scared to death of the hyena's and Scar--the evil brother Lion. So I calmed her down and about this time Dan calls and she gets back into the movie....problem solved, right? NO! I totally forgot about the part where Mufasa dies.....*eyeroll and knocking myself in the head* I was actually on the phone with Jami at this time and she broke into total sobs and I had to get off the phone---fast! So I thought welllll I'll turn it off, but that upset her even more. "Lion on!" she said....about 5 times. So there went all my plans of getting a little computer time and then getting laundry done---which is still sitting in the dryer. We sat and watched the rest of Lion King together, and she would spontaneously burst into tears if the animals played to rough or if Scar was on the screen at all---but it was more upsetting when I tried to turn it off--so we kept going so that she could see the end and the happy ending. She was sooooooooo upset about the stampede scene........I don't think we'll be watching that one for a loooong while. I think I'll go hide it in a box under my bed and forget about it. lol

Ok here's the goofy part, I still cry when I watch Lion King as I discovered today--so she must get that from her mommy. Dad used to call me waterhead--still does actually----for a good reason! So I think my little darling comes by it naturally...........lots of things like that upset her.......She doesn't like me getting on to the dogs....she can't handle us fooling around like we're hitting or being rough with each other. One time I punched Dan's shoulder in the car...playing....and she just lost it....poor baby!

Down with the Lion King!!! I need movies that get me some time, not ones where I have to console her for hours afterwards......someone should warn people....rated G hmmmph!

More later....maybe...

1 comment:

Resa said...

Poor girl! Dylan did that to me with the Spongebob movie. I have to either sit and wait fot the part where they dry up so I can hit the skip button on the remote or I just don't put that one in at all. The last time he watched it he actually came and got me so that I could skip that sceen for him. lol.

Might be a good idea to stick with Monsters for a while. ;)