Wednesday, March 15, 2006

all the pretty brown stuff......

What is brown and round…….

And rather smelly….uh huh…..you guessed it. We have more progress. After that potty talk we had last night, we had poo-poo in the potty this morning. It was so shocking to me that when she got up, I was kinda like, “huh, what’s that?” Well Baylee knew what it was and she was willing to snatch it up if I didn’t. Ewww Bayle and Yay Murry! I’m not pushing too hard, just encouraging her interest and bribing her with candy. Kids’ll do anything for candy, right?

I started this post last night and I didn’t get done--but I’ll continue on from here.

She is really doing good on the potty training…..I’m so proud and I hope to have her completely trained by age 2 if not sooner.

Today she went pee first thing in the potty and I put her in some panties. Then about an hour later I was ignoring her because she just jabbers on and on sometimes. When it finally came through my head, she’s yelling pee-pee! I thought, oh no she’s peed her panties. A quick check showed me that she hadn’t yet so we ran down the hall. I got her sat down and she went---a lot! Well somewhere in our little run she did leak some out, but we’re blaming this one on Mom! I need to listen to her, but sometimes I feel like if I listen and respond to everything she says, I may go brain dead or insane……………

For now we’re just potty training at home, but pretty soon I’m going to have to try the public thing…..not too soon, though! The big potty scares the bejeezus out of her.

So we went to the park today and she had a blast. Didn’t want to leave. I can tell this year is going to be tougher watching her, but she’ll enjoy it more. We took our lunch there and she ate, but as soon as she was done, she climbed up on the equipment all by herself and was ready to head down the slide before I knew what was going on. Scared me a little, actually. She was all over the place…..slides, swing, sandbox……Mommy likes the sandbox. It gives me a minute to stop and chat. So does the swing. I’m so glad the weather is turning nice. We really have missed our park playdates. I think the park is the secret to an awesome nap. Shhhh...don't tell Murry!

She was not ready to leave, but she didn’t throw a fit. I could tell she really wanted to and I think we got her home and down for a nap just in time! Whew!

I’ve been feeling a little stressed lately and I think I needed a day at the park, myself. I don’t like having to run around and pick out all this stuff for the house. I think on the last house, I was just so involved having drawn up the plans and all. I knew exactly what I wanted to do, and I was happy with all of my choices. This time has been more challenging. That and the prices of things have really gone up just in the 4 years since we built the other one and I hate spending too much money on things. Grrrrrr……

I always go out on a limb on paint colors. I like my life to be colorful. The outside got painted once, but the color was not good so that is why there will be no outside pics until the “new” color is on. They were able to darken up the paint we already had to make it look better. Onto the inside…..so I ended up with a light brown for the main part and a light sage green for my bedroom and the nursery. Ann-Marie’s room is a beautiful Mocha color. I am most excited about doing her room! She’s even getting her own Mocha colored carpet. Our carpet is a med brown color. My life is going to be full of brown it seems. I picked up countertop samples, but I’m having a little trouble picking that one. Tomorrow is light fixtures. Wish me luck--I’m gonna need it!

1 comment:

Resa said...

Yay Murry!!! I hope she keeps it up for you.

Sounds like a nice time at the park. It's kinda sad when they decide they don't need you to "help" them up the playsets and down the slides anymore, but it's also exciting stuff too. :)

Sounds like you've picked some pretty colors for your new house. I hope it turns out to be all you want and more. :)