Tuesday, February 07, 2006

TTFN


Woke up to a not so smily face today. The first thing she said when I walked in the room was, "Daddy at work?" Yes, honey Daddy's at work. *sigh* You're stuck with me again--kid. She's been really missing her daddy while we've been building the house. We're at a stage where he has a lot to do, so he's gone most of the time. The day did improve though. I knew today was a day where we needed to get out of the house. So we got all ready--right down to the pigtails, again, and went over to Mamaw's house to visit for a few hours. We stopped by to pick up some Rib Crib on the way, and I may pay for that later at my WW meeting.

Now for the TTFN--if you're a big Pooh fan--or Tigger really, you might remember this. When Tigger leaves he says TTFN--"ta-ta for now" So the other morning Dan taught her this while they were watching her new Tigger movie. You can tell her to tell someone TTFN and she says "ta-ta for now". It just cracks me up! Mamaw thought it was adorable as well of course. When she's in a hurry it's just "ta for now", but she can do the whole thing when she wants to. That's the whole thing isn't it--when she wants to. *big eyeroll* She's so supershy with anyone she doesn't know real well that getting her to unattach from my shoulder much less talk is a huge chore. But once she comfortable, she's a real ham.

I wonder does anyone else have this problem? I'll get to doing something fun with her and when I need to or want to stop, she has complete meltdown. Like today we were at Mamaw's dancing on top of the chair,(she was on top not me ;) )and you think the natural thing to do is stop when the song goes off, righhht? Not according to her. Again, Mama. --Song all done---Again Mama.......She did let that one go, once I went and got her balloon she'd been playing with. It's like geeez.......makes me not want to be toooo fun because then I have to deal with a fit or talk her out of one each time.

On today's picture--there is the cutest little green vest that goes with that, but I of course let the batteries die on the camera, so I didn't have it to take a pic when she was ALL ready. That's about right for me.

Later that same day...........
Well the meeting was good I'm down about 2 more lbs. Sloooowww, but sure. Now I just need to lose this coming week so I can break my lose/gain cycle. After the meeting I went to bunco for some good "mommy' time. Ann-Marie and Dad went shopping and out for dinner. A little Daddy time seemed to do her good. She seemed happy when I got home. :) Those were my adventures in Mommyhood today. I hope tomorrow is a good day as well.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Adorable picture! Spent time with M last night instead of being on the computer. Pretty much watched him play a game on his laptop.

Glad you had a mommys night and D got to spend time with Murry (she needed it)

YAY 2 lbs!!! Congrats... ttfn ;)