Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Teeckle, Teeckle

Well I've been trying real hard to just get up and get going in the morning. I got used to lazing around for an hour which really cuts into your day when you don't get up till 9 or 10 anyway. Plus I'm sure all that lazing around helps my weightloss. *eyeroll* So today at 9:30 we were up and running. Finally called in Murry's allergy medicine which cost me 40 bucks! Good grief! That bottle better last at least 2 months. Then I called back a friend who is back in town. She has a 4 month old baby boy. We talked forever, but I managed to keep on going--made breakfast, ate, even cleaned the kitchen and did a load of laundry. I'd love to had a cordless headset. I'm sure they make them, but imagine they would cost a ton. When this phone (which is from the dark ages) dies, I plan to seriously check into it. Anyhow, she promised to come by and see me soon---she better!

Then I managed to only stay on the computer for 30 minutes like I promised myself that I would. One might wonder, what has Murry done all this time? Well she played like a good little girl. Then when she got bored, she asked me to put on Monsters, Inc. which I did. She did take a poo and bring me a diaper while I was on the phone. Another thing I did while on the phone. Amazing how much you learn to multitask when you become a Mom. One of these days I'm going to have to try putting panties on the kid and potty-training b/c I really think she's about ready. I keep saying after she's 18 mos. which is coming up the 12th. So we'll see, huh?

After I got off the computer, she was looking kinda sad, since I'd been ignoring her most of the morning--so we proceeded to have a tickle fight. This definitely cheered her up, but then I had to pry her off so I could go get ready. Again with the having too much fun. She seemed to want to dance which is so sweet, so I turned on the radio in my room and she ran circles and danced till she got dizzy while I got ready. Ok it's 12:00 and I'm all ready to go, so I cleaned up the place before we left even made my bed. (Nana would be so proud) 12:20--we're totally ready and have 10 minutes to kill---more dancing in the kitchen. We spun round and round. Her Daddy got her this silly monkey last night while they were shopping and it sings the "Hey, hey we're the Monkees" song which she wanted to dance to. Ok time to go.

We head off to our playdate and meet a new mom in playgroup. She seems really nice and her little 13 month old is a real sweetie. Ann-Marie was her usual shy self for an hour which is just silly. Once she finally got over it though she had a blast playing on the slides and stuff. Then she and I headed to the food court to get some subway. *clapping* I made a healthy choice. lol Annnnnd I only had one teeny tiiiny bite of her chocolate chip cookie. Got home just in time for naptime or so I thought. She was all giggly and silly. She kept taking my hair and saying teeckle, teeckle rubbing it in my nose, then she'd just fall over laughing. I couldn't resist her sweetness, so we had to sit and be silly for a 1/2 hour or so. I finally said enough at 4 and put her down for her nap. I heard her in there at 4:30 still playing around, so I went in to lay down the law, the mama law ;) . That brings us up to now. It's 5:45 and she's still a snoozing as far as I can tell. Gotta love naps. Mama's time.

More to come..........I bet you're sitting on the edge of your seat. No? I said this would be adventures, but I also told you my definition of adventure is a loose toddler-type interpretation.

When naptime was over, it was dinner time. Miss Murry woke up all demanding and when I asked her to add please to her demands she broke down. She wanted Monster on, a drink, and she was hungry, and she wanted it all now. I couldn't move fast enough for her. Sometimes she can be so darned hardheaded. I have no idea where she gets that.....*eyeroll* So she had her fit, but her hardheaded mother wasn't letting her get away with it, she had to say please for her drink and her sandwich. Well she decided to cop a huge attitude which landed her in the new "naughty" spot. I set up a gate in my laundry room. She was none too happy with that. I only put her in for 2 minutes and it seemed like eternity since she screamed, "Mama, hold me" the whole time. It broke my heart, but I will not have a child who acts like that. It was a long battle, but Mommy won as I intend to anytime I feel like I am being disrespected. My kids will know all about respecting others and using their manners or they'll have a permanent boot in there ass---lol. As a teacher, I saw too many kids who were in charge at home. Kids don't know how to handle that kind of power and it makes them such little heathens. I don't blame the kids though and I always worked my hardest to make an impression on these particular kiddos.
Once that little episode was out of the way we were good to go. We did our Disney dancing again which was fun--she totally loves it!!! Then we did put on Monsters because this time she asked me very nicely, and there was nothing on that I cared to watch. Then we just waited for Daddy to finally get home and he did around 9:30. I've been letting her stay up late to see him. shew as so excited when he came in. She went and pulled out his chair in the kitchen and said " sit in lap......daddy eat.....apples......lol. He's been eating when he gets home and she sits in his lap and has her 2nd dinner. He put her to bed tonight since she's been such a stinker about going lately. I think it went okay. He didn't know the whole routine, and didn't realize he was supposed to sing, " You are my Sunshine"----LOL----He said she kept saying something about sunshine. heehee..... Oh well they made it.

Here's a page from way back--this was a favorite hat that I loved to put on her all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I love reading about my two favorite girls & how your days are going. Little Miss Murry learns something new everyday! I remember those days longgggggggg ago..LOL. TTFN...back to work:(

Love ya...Mamaw