Monday, February 06, 2006

My First Entry


Ok I named this adventures with Mom and Murry, but often the day spent with a toddler is adventurous in different ways than you might imagine, unless you've been there of course. First off we nicknamed our daughter Murry since that is how she first said her name. I wouldn't actually do that to a girl--that would just be cruel. When I was about her age someone nicknamed me Bob for whatever reason---I cannot imagine! So I guess the tradition must continue on--giving boy nicknames to our little girls. Anyhow today started off as usual--get up to her smiling little face, change diaper, put socks on freezing little feet, and stumble in to make her some breakfast. She had oatmeal and I had cereal. She used her spoon and fed it to herself, of course, because she's hit this real independent streak. After breakfast, I cleaned up the kitchen while she played with her dolls. Then we both played with them for a bit. After we got bored with Holly, Heidi, and Lulu, we moved onto watching Monsters Inc.---one of the few kids movies that I truly enjoy watching over and over. We need some more like that---I'm wanting to pick up "A Bug's Life". Of course we never actually watch an entire movie as she doesn't have the attention span. Neither do I anymore for that matter. I did get the idea to try putting her hair in pigtails while watching it from the cute little girl on there---I hadn't realized how looooong her hair is getting. Once we got a ways into it, I went on to do chores, and she went to play in her room. After I did my chores, we read a few books, and then I sat down to pay some bills and during the ten minutes it would have taken me to do that--she needed my "help" no less than 3 or 4 times. After finally finishing that up, I attempted to get on the computer, but it wasn't cooperating. I took that as a hint that I needed to get busy and get some stuff done---so off to do more chores. Then I ended up laying in the floor in her room for a good 30 minutes playing with some little people with her. She's really getting into her little people. Then I put on "Monsters" again so I could make lunch. That's when she sat on the couch and was being so good(in the pic above) while I cooked. I had to stop and take pics of my little couch potato. I burnt the grilled cheese and had to feed it to Beau (the dog), but it was worth it. After lunch we put on her favorite video--Minnie Mouse---it's a singing and dancing one. We danced the whole 30 minutes which she thought was just awesome and I got in my exercise. If my foot will cooperate, we'll have to do it more often. Then I actually got on the computer and next thing I know Ann-Marie is laying in the floor looking all pooped out. She finally got up and told me "bed mama" I guess she realized that hard tile floor sucks for sleeping. Smart girl--LOL! She went down for a nap and I got in some "mommy time" a little computer, a little work--mopping because I hate to do that while she's awake. The few times I have she's slipped on the despised tile which scares me . I cannot wait till we move so I can have some carpet already! Around 5 she woke up and we came in here to play for a bit. Surprisingly (not!) Monsters was still playing since I just kept running it during naptime. What is it about the silence that I can't handle anymore? I don't mind now and then, but most of the time I have a TV or radio running in the background. Moving along--I made dinner and we ate---I had some chicken wraps, she had pb&j and we split a can of veggie soup. Lately it's been the only way to get her to eat her veggies. After dinner we played for a few minutes till Wife Swap came on--one of the few shows I like to watch, but I'm trying to get back into TV a little---you can more easily watch TV and play or fold clothes than you can while on the computer. And we did that as well--we folded a load of clothes. She handed me each piece of clothing telling me what it was and who it belonged to with 90% accuracy. Ok so I still have a little "teacher" left in me. From there it was bath time, but first she sat on the potty and made her very first pee-pee in the potty! Yay! Momma did a happy little dance with her, but she didn't seem to know what the big deal was about. Then Daddy finally made it home since he was working late. I would like to say that was the end of the day, but it was not. After only an hour of "dad" time, it was time for my Murry to go to bed. She did not take this well to say the least. Boy can she scream! Once we booted Dad from the room, I got her calmed down, and bedtime went as usual. Why didn't I let him do it--sounds logical enough, right? The last 5 or so times that he's tried to put her to bed---she just won't go--ended up crying for an hour one night. Go figure! It has been a while since he's tried so we might give it a go tomorrow night. And that folks is a day in the life of Mom and Murry. When folks ask what did you do today, I often say nothing, but I know better----I did so much. I took care of my baby girl. We learned, laughed, cried, hugged, kissed, and all in all these very ordinary days add up to an extraordinary childhood. I know. Because my mom stayed at home with me as well. There is no place on earth that I'd rather be.

Don't worry I won't have the time or energy to post this long everyday. If you read all of this, you are a true friend. Hope your day was 1/2 as good as mine. ;)

5 comments:

Resa said...

Sounds like a great day. :)

Trisha said...

First I can't believe I'm last to hear you are blogging! (where is the evil eye emo?)

Sounds like your day was good. Didn't tell me about her potty experience either (another evil eye)

talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

wow, sounds like a good day. Yeah murry...

Anonymous said...

How can i wipe windows xp from my laptop and reinstall windows Me -the laptops indigenous software?
I suffer with recently bought a in use accustomed to laptop that is old. The person I had bought it from had installed windows xp on it, orderly although it at came with windows Me. I be to eradicate the windows xp because it runs slows on the laptop because it takes up more honour than the windows Me would. Also I need to massacre windows xp because it is an illegal copy. So when I tried to stir one's stumps updates on it, windows would not introduce updates because the windows xp is not genuine. [URL=http://wuimrxf.tripod.com]adult food neophobia[/URL]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Answers :

It's more advisedly to scram [URL=http://swnauxe.tripod.com/miking-drums.html]miking drums[/URL] Windows XP and even-handed upgrade your laptop. It's much better. [URL=http://snuhexi.tripod.com/soutien-scolaire-chambery.html]soutien scolaire chambery[/URL] In addition, Windows XP is style [URL=http://iqaahka.tripod.com/vampire-attacks-wireless-lan.html]vampire attacks wireless lan[/URL] heartier then Windows Me. Windows Me is unused and divers programs that can paddock with XP, can't [URL=http://qkapaaa.tripod.com/grandview-tire-vancouver.html]grandview tire vancouver[/URL] run with Me.
------------------------------
all you take to do is interject the windows me disk into the cd drive. then reboot your laptop, when the malignant [URL=http://lerrekf.tripod.com/royal-lapidary-equipment.html]royal lapidary equipment[/URL] sift with all the info comes up and when it asks u to boot from cd [URL=http://boixpau.tripod.com/chris-pehl-warriors.html]chris pehl warriors[/URL] belt any key when it tells you to then inaugurate from there !!! I RECOMEND SINCE ITS AN ILLEAGLE TWIN TO WIPE [URL=http://acvegts.tripod.com/margarita-tequila-triple-orange-lime.html]margarita tequila triple orange lime[/URL] ELSEWHERE THE [URL=http://imjuiom.tripod.com/lauren-grousd.html]lauren grousd[/URL] CONTINUOUS INSCRUTABLE GOAD WHEN IT ASKS YOU WHICH UNDENIABLE [URL=http://boixpau.tripod.com/chords-tabs-neil-diamond-summer-love.html]chords tabs neil diamond summer love[/URL] PUSH TO POSITION IT ON. THEN SUM UP ALL THE UNENCUMBERED ARRAY ON THE CLEAR [URL=http://acvegts.tripod.com/maricopa-county-treasurer.html]maricopa county treasurer[/URL] URGENTLY DRIVE ONTO A NEW COLUMN SETTING, IT INCLINATION LOOK LIKE C:/ Sore or something like that

Anonymous said...

Tender-hearted prostatic hyperplasia, commonly known as BPH, is an enlargement of the prostate area. It is more rampant in older men. As men are fetching more cultivated far strength issues, they turn to medical treatment instead of BPH. Dutas, a generic trim of Avodart([URL=http://jeqpqpv.1freewebspace.com/avodart-cheap.html]avodart cheap[/URL] [URL=http://jeqpqpv.1freewebspace.com/prostate-cancer-avodart.html]prostate cancer avodart[/URL] [URL=http://jeqpqpv.1freewebspace.com/avodart-treatment-of-alopecia.html]avodart treatment of alopecia[/URL] [URL=http://jeqpqpv.1freewebspace.com/avodart-for-prostate-cancer-treatment.html]avodart for prostate cancer treatment[/URL] [URL=http://jeqpqpv.1freewebspace.com/avodart-side-effects-and-edema.html]avodart side effects and edema[/URL] ), has been proven as an shit treatment of BPH. BPH and its symptoms that adversely affect the eminence of lifestyle can be treated successfully by Dutas. The essential hint of BPH is the frequency of essential to urinate. This occurs almost always at continually but then progresses to the need to urine frequently in every part of the day. BPH sufferers afterward discharge a reduction in strength in urine stream. Inconvenience accompanies this reduction. A medical doctor should conduct testing to determine if BPH is the grounds of the symptoms. The effectiveness of Dutas is found in the chemical coalesce Dutasteride. This efficacious ingredient is an alpha-reductase 5 inhibitor which impedes the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is considered a effective brand of testosterone. BPH symptoms vanish once the conversion is interrupted. Dutas has been organize to be noticeable in BPH seeking many sufferers. Prescriptions finasteride and finasteride has been shown to at best curb one isoform of alpha redictase 5. It has been established that Dutasteride has been proven to bridle two isoforms. Dutas audibly appears to fix up with provision the unexcelled treatment available as a service to BPH. Dutas impel be taken as directed with some precautions. Erectile dysfunction and decreased genital libido are the most commonly reported side effects during routine of Dutas. Gynecomastia or enlargement of manly titty tissue is another possible side effect. Additionally, women who are productive or women inferior to grow enceinte should not be exposed to Dutas; developing masculine fetuses can be adversely niminy-piminy by these inhibitors. Dutas can be engaged wholly the incrustation so unorthodox disquiet should be exercised concerning enceinte women or women second-rate to become pregnant. Another side impression of Dutas is a positive one. Some men oblige reported hair replenishment while entrancing Dutas. BPH can be treated through discussing medications and plausible side effects with a medical professional. Dutas can victual effective treatment of BPH. A worry-free, brisk subsistence is successfully quality the effort.
[URL=http://jeqpqpv.1freewebspace.com/avodart-med.html]avodart med[/URL]
[URL=http://jeqpqpv.1freewebspace.com/avodart-rx-for-hairloss.html]avodart rx for hairloss[/URL]
[URL=http://jeqpqpv.1freewebspace.com/avodart-shedding.html]avodart shedding[/URL]
[URL=http://jeqpqpv.1freewebspace.com/avodart-ciprofloxacin.html]avodart ciprofloxacin[/URL]
[URL=http://jeqpqpv.1freewebspace.com/proscar-avodart.html]proscar avodart[/URL]