Thursday, February 09, 2006

Grocery Day and the Nursing Magazine


Does anyone else just hate Grocery Shopping? I mean load into the cart. Load onto the belt, back into the cart, into the car, into the house, then finally put that crud in cabinet. I am so sick of looking at that I almost never cook on grocery day! It has to be the one household chore I despise the most. I takes to much time--you gotta make lists, get all ready, leave the house. You get my drift........I don't like to grocery shop. Other shopping is fine, but I really would like an online grocery store that delivered and didn't charge you an arm and a leg. *daydreaming* I guess I hate feeling like I have to set aside a day and waste it doing something like that. I have fun shopping for other stuff at Wal-Mart. Like today for instance, Ann-Marie and I found some of the cutest little hair clips for her hair. It's when I head over to the grocery department, that I go "oh bother, here we go" I try to tell myself that it could be worse. I could live in the days when everyone had farms and women had to go out and help gather up the food on the farm. But even that farmwife didn't have to leave the farm to get the food. She could go right out to the henhouse and grab a chicken and wring it's little neck right? LOL Ok, ok so it's not that baaaad. I survived another grocery store trip and lived to tell about it. whew, close one.

Actually this one went better than last week's trip when Trisha and I took the girls to Wal-Mart. Ann-Marie had to reach back in the cart and grab the fresh roasted chicken and proceed to pour the juices all over the rest of my groceries! Yuck! Oh, and my purse took the brunt of it, and still smells like roasted chicken---I need to think about trying to wash it--huh? So if I'm around and you smell a week old roast chicken--now you know why.

Murry's been a good girl today. She is the highlight of the shopping trip actually. She points to all the stuff and either tells me what it is or asks if she doesn't know. My little baby sure is growing up. Last year at this time, we were lucky to make it through a grocery trip and to the car without her having some kind of meltdown. I cannot tell you how many times I had to sit in the parking lot and breastfeed. Me and the next baby may never leave the house. Yeah that sounds good, we'll turn over the chore of grocery shopping to Dan. Except then my house would be full of sugar and fat---so bad idea! Ok enough whining about grocery shopping.

Ann-Marie's accomplishment for today is that she is really putting together sentences. She was telling me at the store. I hear baby. I see Pooh. I see Tigger. I want juice. Maybe she was saying it for a while but I really noticed her being consistent with it until today. She misses nothing by the way. We went back to look at the exercise DVD's and she says--I see DVD. My kid knows DVD. I'm not sure if I'm proud or sad---lol.....No it's good. She wanted me to buy her one, but took it well when I said she had plenty of them at home. When we left, she saw the Sonic across the parking lot and said "grilled cheese" She even added a please at the end, so how could I resist. She got her grilled cheese and ate it on the way home---all of it.

More in the exciting life of Mom & Murry to come.......after the old nap......whoohooo freetime!

Our evening has been mostly uneventful. The only thing noteworthy is that Ann-Marie saw a baby nursing in a magazine and she was super curious about what that baby was doing. She kept going back to it over and over again. Makes me wonder if she remembers nursing. She gave that baby a kiss--that or she was trying to nurse from the picture--I couldn't tell for sure....LOL

3 comments:

Resa said...

Ahhh good 'ol Walmart. I am with you I hate to do the grocery shopping and until recently I wouldn't go full on shopping unless dh was with me. Now that Dyl is in school I go right after I drop him off and spend the 2 hrs taking my sweet time shopping and getting home to put them away. ;o)
Glad to hear that you and Murry had a good day. :)

Resa said...

Oh and too funny with the nursing momma in the magazine. Makes ya wonder what they remeber huh? lol

Anonymous said...

Its a chore but someone has to do it!!! At least Murry is a good shopper now. Have we not tried to teach her the tricks of shopping? She is learning. Speaking of, I need to go look at a desk today, wanna go? Glad you had a special day:)