Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Spoiled Brat? am not am not am not!

Sitting here eating my fudge bar, before you roll your eyes, though it is a WW 1 point fudge bar and it is delicious. Went to my meeting tonight and yes, I gained 1 lb as I expected. I haven't been being the best and it usually takes a few days to catch up with me. Tonight we talked about winning outcomes which is basically rehearsing situations in your head and making good choices. I do that sometimes, but other times I say to hell with it and eat the brownie like the other night at MNO. A better choice would have been to have them box up the dessert and take it home for the skinny man to enjoy while I sneak a bite or two. Then I would still have gotten to enjoy the "free" ness of it without piling up extra calories. Then came chili at mom's last night, I brought my own light chips to make a sort of Frito chili pie which was good. Then when she brought out the candy, I said wth, it's for Valentine's day, right? What is Valentine's Day anyway? I should be treated like a queen everyday riiiiggghht? ;)

Murry had a great day. We went shopping and out to lunch with Mamaw. I did eat decently healthy there. She did, too. I'm trying to give her good eating habits so she doesn't have to struggle with her weight like I am now. Anyhow she was a good girl today as she has been for a while now--knock on wood. That one time in the naughty spot seems to have made an impression. For Valentine's Day, she got a new baby doll--Suzy we're calling this one---from Mom and Dad. She loved her and didn't get far from her for the rest of the evening. In a few days, I'm sure she'll be old news. I'm going to have to start hiding some toys, dolls, etc. to make them new again because now she has until August for any new toys. Well she may get a small Easter present--we'll see. Aunt Weez and Jessi stopped by to bring her a Valentine's Day present which was just very sweet of them. It was a cute little Valentine beanie baby bear. Kiss-Kiss, I think she said his name was. And a balloon. My kid's not spoiled at all huh? ;) Luckily she'll have me to nag for her 18 years about appreciating everything she gets. lol Just like Dad did for me, and I say that in a very appreciative way, of course. I truly do appreciate how lucky we are to have everything we have and to have the family support--in financial and emotional ways. We've definitely been helped along the way. And, yes Dad, I finally do understand. I don't want to spoil Murry, but when I saw her face light up when she saw that doll while we were out shopping, I couldn't resist getting it for her. Luckily Valentine's Day was coming up so I'd have an excuse to give it to her.

I was talking to some girls today at my WW meeting---listening to them actually---complaining about their parents and saying how glad they were that they didn't live close to their parents. It made me sad. I can't wait to move in next to mine. I love watching them with my daughter. She loves them so much already and can't let more than a few days pass without asking to go see Mamaw and Papaw. It'll be nice to be able to pop over for a quick visit or have them drop by to see her--she'll love that. And as she gets older, I'll bet she'll have a path worn out over to Mamaw's house--even if she is coming over to complain about me.--lol

I got a dozen red roses and a very sweet card for Valentine's Day. I know he spent way too much money, but I won't tell him that. Next year I guess I need to be very specific. I love the flowers--don't get me wrong, but we just don't have that kind of $$ to be blowing on something that will die in a week. I'll baby them and try to get as long out of them as I can. Plus Mom and I saw this stand where they were selling them for 14.95 a dozen! I have got to teach that man how to shop! He may be hopeless by now if he hasn't caught on after being married to me almost 8 years! Yes, I said 8 years--unbelievable, but true. Anyhow it was very sweet of him


Ta-ta for now!

If you want what you have, then you'll always have what you want!
And I've got it all!!!!!!! hee hee

1 comment:

Resa said...

I love the WW fudge bars. :o) Sounds like you amd Murry are very lucky girls. ;o) Sounds like you both had a great Valentine's Day.