Monday, February 13, 2006

Gobbagobble

























That's babytalk for breakable. I have a porcelain doll in the top of my closet and my lil Murry thinks she has to hold it everytime she sees it. I need to hide that thing already for all the good that will do since she has a memory like an elephant especially when it comes to things like this. I keep telling her it's breakable...........gobbagobble in her terms. It's so funny how she'll say it wrong for a looong time and then one day poof, she says it perfectly. It goes the other way too, things that she used to say perfectly, she suddenly can't say for anything. I think she just gets in a hurry.

Today was cleaning day for me. Got the bathrooms done and a few loads of laundry. I still need to dust and vacuum, but all in good time. We did our Mickey dancing, even though I really didn't want to. I needed to make up for my chocolate indiscretions over the weekend. At this point, I just hope to maintain, and lose next week. That seems to be the trend. It's like when I lose a couple I give myself permission to splurge which would be fine, if I just did it once, but NOOO I have to lose all self-control and go off the deep end!!! It's an everyday struggle, but one that I plan to never give up on. At this rate I will lose it all in about 2 or 3 years! Years! And that is okay, because by then it truly will be a lifestyle change, not a diet. I refuse to give up though!!!

Back to Murry. I told her she couldn't use my computer as a coaster and being the innovative little girl she is becoming--here's what she came up with.

Gotta give her credit. No she didn't put it in the kitchen like I told her to, but she didn't use the computer either. I see a true independent streak trying to emerge, and I'll encourage it when I can, but she will mind her Mama as well.

We ended up over at Mamaw's for dinner. Chili. Thanks again, Mom. Ann-Marie was being her usual comical little self dancing around and entertaining us all. Maybe, just maybe that has something to do with all the sugar she had. Mamaw gave her the cutest little lip purse for Valentine's Day and it came filled with candy. Not that we let her eat it all, but she had one piece to go with the pudding and sugar pop that she'd already had. What is it about grandparents that makes them want to sugar up the grandkids? I think it must be that they know they get to send that spazzy kid home. As we were leaving Papaw was feeding her donuts. *eyeroll* Those must have hit her once we got home cause she hit another silly lick and almost fell flat on her face from the couch. She was sitting there swinging her legs and swung just a little too hard. Luckily, she's becoming fairly coordinated and caught herself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wellllllllllll, it really is GRAND being the grandparents!!!!! What a corker she is though, sugar and all....remember little girls are made of sugar & spice & everything nice:)

Misty said...

She is a corker and i just like to give you guys a hard time a little, too. Her daddy fed her full of sugar tonight. goob!