Monday, February 20, 2006

My Boring Life




I'm stealing the name of Trisha's Blog for my post title today.......It could have been the name of my blog, too, but I'm not a copycat ;) Today was a very nice day with Murry. She was great except when her Daddy stopped by to drop off some pop for me. He stayed a little bit to see her and all she did was whine the whole time. It kills me that even at this age, she knows who might cave to the whining. I can't complain too much because D's really been trying harder on the discipline front over the weekend. He finally gave her a little swat last night for being a toot. She'll be one as much as long as you let her, but if I keep my thumb on her---she's a pretty good girl.

I'll hit the highlights here.....we danced a lot today. We did our Disney dancing and I was listening to the radio quite a bit---and any music means that we need to dance according to Miss Murry. You do not get pics of this. Her language is increasing by leaps and bounds. Today she was using words I didn't even know she knew. Tonight we were sitting at the table while she was coloring and she handed her Dad a crayon and said, "here sweetie" LOL---in such a grownup voice. My baby is growing up--waaaa waaaa. She also asked me to "change her diaper" just because it was wet. I know this makes it sound like I need to hit the potty training trial hard, but I don't think she knows yet before it happens--while it's happening, yes---after, she wants it off. So we're waiting on that before part. I'll give her a go in a week or two.

We played with dolls. I guess everyday Holly and Suzy need to switch PJ's and they need a new diaper of course. We colored pictures and played Mommy is the jungle gym. After a night away from my girl, I'm always ready to spend some good quality time with her. Here are a few pics. The one of the quail that we colored made me choose the title. We did that one together as in i colored it and she scribbled all over. And yes, I know that a quail isn't blue. Dan had to point that out already. ;)

Ok so it was boring, but a good boring. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Gotta love motherhood. And hey write it down--I made a semi-short post. hee hee

2 comments:

Resa said...

Boring days are good days in my book! Glad you and Murry had a good, quiet, pretty uneventful day. Those are always nice to have on occassion. :o) Great pics too! She is such a cutie.

Trisha said...

So glad your day was boring... Wish my life would get back to that. Maybe after Tally's birthday.

The pics are cute, I agree with Sheresa!

Tonights WI night woohooo....Eat well early so that scale hits your goal!

One last thing, you can borrow my blog name anytime if it makes you happy. ;)