Sunday, February 19, 2006

Anyone else win the lottery?


We didn’t and I’m hoping no one else did so that it’ll keep going up, up, up. I love to daydream about all the cool things I could do when we win, I mean if….lol

I had to repost the snot pic in case you didn't see the lovely stream of snot or the redness in my lil baby's face. Awww these are the moments---right? LOL

It’s been very nice having Dan home……it means I’m not on call all day for the motherhood thing. Plus he’s nice to talk to---sometimes ;) I know he needed this weekend to get some work done on the house, but it really wasn’t worth all the trouble it would have been to get things around in this snow and ice. Not to mention freezing off parts of his body trying to work over there.

Today has been a usual stay at home day. Dan did let me sleep in which is awesome. Thanks Dan! There is no greater gift to me than being able to sleep in and not having to get up and take care of the herd. It’s not that it’s hard or terrible to take care of them, but it’s just a nice break from the grind of it all. Since he’s been so busy with the house, it’s been pretty much just me here at the home front. Which is why if we ever build another house, it’ll be when our kiddos are older. So when I finally dragged my bum out of bed around noon---yes I said noon--we lazed about for a while. What else are you going to do when you’re snowed in? After I got bored of that, I decided there were too many stinky bodies around the house. I gave Miss Murry a bath, and then it was B’s turn, and then I grabbed a shower to help wash down all of B’s dirt. Dan and Beau are on their own. Beau stinks, but he’s not my dog and he’s too big and fruity to even consider trying to bathe him. So we’re all clean now and fed. Murry’s down for a nap

Here come the tangent and probably tmi:
In my book I’ve been reading, it talks about bonding and skin-to-skin contact. I did the whole bonding bit and believe me with the breastfeeding, plenty of skin to skin contact. So anyhow she was talking about how you should still be doing skin to skin contact even at Murry’s age. I’m sure we get our quota in, but it got me to thinking about how AM always wants to hug me when I’m naked and she’s still very into boobies. I guess boobs = comfort for her. She’ll reach down my shirt and get herself a big old handfull every once in a while. At first it kinda weirded me out, but it’s not like she hasn’t seen’em before huh? She’s also been known to take a grab at other boobies, right Mamaw? ;) I guess Moms are just built for comfort. Dan always said he didn’t care for rocking her since she never quite gets comfy on him like she does with me. Apparently they make nice little pillows as well. At first all this giving up my space and my body parts seemed like too much, but now I’m getting more comfortable and I think the next kid will be easier on me--I hope anyhow. Also I’ve had some time to semi have my body back and I really am starting to want that next baby. This time at least I’ll know what’s coming and be more prepared. I know there will still be the new challenge of taking care of 2 instead of one, but I’ll handle that as well. I’m getting more and more confident in my ability to handle whatever is thrown my way.

On another front--the weightloss front--the scale seems to have moved in the proper direction for once. I’m .2 lbs away from my 10lbs loss since Jan. 3. Very slow, but still moving in the right direction. I’m hoping by Tuesday that I’ll officially be at the 10 lb mark at my WW wiegh-in so I can schedule myself a hair appt. That’s gonna be my 10 lb treat to myself. Any of you who have seen me lately know I’m in desperate need of it. My gray is taking over and my ends are split all to hell. So self-control, self-control. I can do this!

Thanks to those who are taking time to comment. Oh and thanks for reading these novels I keep writing……..what can I say? My typing skills have improved tons---that’s it--that’s my excuse---I’m improving my typing skills.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

TSK, TSK, TSK is all I have to say.

UNCLE Neal

Resa said...

Glad to hear you had fun. ;o)

Dyl was very attached to the boobies and I think he still would rather snuggle with me than dh. :o) I agree though I too am ready to give up my space/body again to have another little one. I hope we can do so soon. :)

Have a good day and try not to freeze your tushie off!

Trisha said...

So glad you took a shower...

YAY on almost reaching your goal!!!!

I hate that I missed mno but I wasn't getting on the roads near my house in ice... of course the
"road" you took was clear ;) since you only had to take one for the distance! Going to keep my mouth shut about the drinking part too Ms. I'm not that stupid ;). Where is the rolling eyes guy emo!!!

Anonymous said...

Well its not all I have to say!!!!! But I'll bite my tongue for now. I can see the headlines in the Bixby Bulletin.....Devoted wife and mother, Misty Dorsey........I'll leave the rest to your imagination, which could be scary!! Hug my girl for me:)

Anonymous said...

Oh...one more thing..we think those "Big Girl" panties your wearing, must be cutting the oxygen off to your brain!!!!!

LOVE......MOM & DAD

Misty said...

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. I was as responsible as I could possibly be and hey the roads weren't that bad. I knew you guys couldn't follow the directions. What is it with my family ;)LOL