Sunday, February 12, 2006

I lied

I have to apologize for lying--I try very hard not to tell lies. I originally thought that my posts would get shorter, but am noticing that I am really enjoying wrapping up the day by writing about it in my blog. Today was a good one--not real productive--but good. I accomplished things, but not things you can see or measure. Let me start at the beginning. First off my wonderfully thoughtful daughter slept till 10:30--God bless her. Then Daddy wanted me to bring her to bed so he could see her and I ended up drifting back off so I think my day officially began around 11:30. Like the song says....Life's about getting up early, staying up late---sleeping in--I think that's in there somewhere and if it's not--it should be! So I was definitely thoroughly rested, I guess since I did stay up till after 2. Anyhow, we got some breakfast and Miss Murry drew some pictures. Her drawing ability is coming along. She used to not be able to push hard enough to make the marks, but now she can scribble with the best of them. She likes me to draw things and then she colors them in--sort of ;) Right now we're drawing snowmen a lot. I headed onto the shower--determined not to stay in my PJ's all day today. My favorite little person followed me back--she told me "potty, mama". I thought oh boy, here we go again, and all I wanted was a quick shower. But on the off chance she might actually go, I took of her diaper and hooked her up with a magazine. Then I hopped in the shower and whaddya know--when I look out she's made pee-pee in the potty. Whooohooo! It was a lot this time, too. So I rush my shower so we can celebrate. We do a little happy dance and Mommy gets all excited. She's still just looking at me like I've flipped my lid. So I put her pee in the big potty, and thought she'd get all excited about getting to flush it down, right? Well of course not because she usually does just opposite what I expect. Instead she acts scared of the flushing and almost tears up---silly kid. I'm thinking candy might help. I think she'd pee for M&M's. I meant to pick up some today, but it slipped my slippery mind. I did pick her up the cutest little mermaid bath toy--just a 1$ toy---but forgot the M&M's.

Ok at that point, I would like to have put some panties on her, but they were all still in the wash, and we were getting around to go. I am not ready to try potty training out in public yet. Yikes! I'm going to have to start carrying around extra clothes. Bigger bag--here we come. I have become very attached to my almost purse-sized bag. I think I can just carry the extra bag in the car, though.

So anyhow, Nana came over and we went to Chili's for lunch. I didn't do well on my nutrition. Haven't done well most of the weekend. Starting fresh tomorrow. That's the charm of WW's--it's all about lifestyle change. It may take me years, but as long as the scale is moving down, even at a snail's pace--I'm content that I'm making better choices. Not perfect, but better.

That's a pic of the two of them just before we left. And yes, that is Monsters in the background. Sully to be exact--he's the good Monster. We love this show, and highly reccomend it.

Murry loves Nana. They had fun playing together, and they even read her naptime book together. Then I just laid her down in the crib and my sweet girl went to sleep. This is soooooo exciting for me that she finally is taking her naps without me staying in there till she falls asleep. It's one of those things I said I wouldn't do, but you have to choose your battles and that one wasn't worth the fight. But it's over--yay!!! The new trick is just leaving the door open. Sometimes I have to get onto her for playing, but most days she's out in 5 minutes or less.

Nana ended up staying so I could try to find her a flight online. It worked out great because my dh didn't bother to tell me he wouldn't be home so I could go to Mom's Night Out. I told him that it didn't matter since I know he's been working his butt off, but he still could call and let a person know. Anyhow, Nana stayed with Murry while I went--thanks Nana!!!--so I got to go.

It was just 4 of us this time, Jami, Sheresa, Jenny, and I, but we had a good time---as usual. Very good to see you getting out Jami-- so glad you could make it! Since I had already eaten a nice sized lunch, I was going light on dinner. Ordered grilled chicken from the light menu and they aren't kidding when they say that it's a light portion. It was plenty, though. So we're enjoying our food and talking away, and the waiter tells us that we get free dessert and gift cards......what??? He had mentioned this earlier, but he was kind of a goofy guy. When Jami asked him about the cole slaw and how it tasted.....he told her it tasted like cole slaw....hmmmm very helpful. Anyway you can see why I was questioning his mental capabilities, but he wasn't kidding. The manager came over and told us we could have any dessert on the menu for free. Ok---you tell a fat girl she gets free chocolate and you're just asking for trouble! I couldn't resist, and it was delicious. Yeah it was free, but I'll pay for it Tuesday at my weigh-in.
And of course I have to go back now to use my 5$ gift card. That's how they hook you in--right? Dan'll love that place so we'll have to go together.

I came home just in time to watch Grey's Anatomy. I love this show! For one thing it proves that I do have an attention span longer than your average gnat. I thought pregnancy and motherhood had robbed me of my ability to pay attention to anything for more than 30 seconds, but thankfully I was wrong. Don't get me started on my forgetfulness--it's unreal. I can't even remember how many times I've locked myself out of the house lately. I know it's at least 3 and once out of the car with both sets of keys in it---had to call the locksmith for that one!

I came home to a peaceful home. I came home rejeuvenated and ready to be "mommy" for another week. I came home and was glad to see my two favorite people. I came home and I was grateful for the wonderful daughter and the wonderful husband that I have. No they're not perfect, but neither am I. Dan wishes I would cook more, Murry wishes I would roughhouse allllll day long. I wish Dan would pick up after himself ( i really do not think this one is asking too much ;) I wish Murry wouldn't whine--ever! Murry wishes Daddy were home all day.--lol But at the end of the day---none of that matters because we have each other, and we have a lot to be grateful for. And I am.

2 comments:

Resa said...

Sounds like a great day....complete with Chocolate. ;O) I had fun last night and can't wait until next month. :o)

Anonymous said...

You're right, these are Looonnnggg, but I'm having fun reading them! However, I did have to read from the beginning since this is my first time to log on. Give Murry a kiss from her Aunt Weez.