Saturday, February 11, 2006

All out of panties........


One might ask, is this child's mother color blind? Actually I am not. We started the day off in PJ's that matched, but I had the bright idea to give potty-training a real shot today. We went through 3 pairs of Tinkerbell panties and 3 pairs of tight pajama bottoms in about an hour and a half. Since we only have the 3 pairs so far, I decided to call it a day, and try again in a week or two--maybe sooner. The first time she peed in them about 15 minutes after her bath--probably from all the bathwater she drinks. The second pee came about 15 minutes after she drank a glass of strawberrry lemonade. So on the 3rd pair, I thought ok----in 15 minutes we're gonna sit on the potty. And she did----forever! She looked through a whole magazine, and a book. So after 20 minutes or so she got up and went to play. 5 minutes later panty #3 was a gonner. Ohhh well, we tried, and we'll try again. I'm gonna pick up some M&M's and try giving her those for pottying in the potty. If she'd just do it a few more times, I could get her excited about it, I think.

I did manage to talk myself into doing our Disney dancing today, been feeling pretty lazy. I even attempted pilates, but it was impossible with Murry jumping all over me. I'll have to save that for when she's sleeping. I got a few things done today--changed sheets on the bed, unload and reload dishwasher, a load of laundry--so far---and some general pick'em up around here.

Murry ate something new for lunch--beef ravioli--I think the trick with her lately is to act like it's my own food, and then she wants it. She's even been eating taco soup which is kind of spicy, and today she helped me with my lean cuisine which was also sort of spicy. We've been eating lots of Progresso veggie soup since it's the only way I'm getting veggies down her lately.

That's all for now--TTFN!

No comments: