Friday, February 17, 2006

I find duck, Mama!

Well last night Blogger was being a pain so I gave up and went to bed which is a good thing since I really needed the sleep. Badly! Yesterday was sort of a blah day anyhow. I had really wanted to take Murry to the park, but it was so windy that we would have been blown away not to mention how fast the temperatures were falling.

Today we went to a playdate at McDonald's which was nice. It was good to get out of the house for a bit. I was being my usual indecisive self, but looking at the pile of laundry and the whiny kid convinced me we needed to get out. Plus we needed to hit Wal-Mart before the total blizzard hit--if there will even be one. We had a new member join and turns out I sort of knew her--as our brothers are friends and they live in the same house at OSU. She has a little girl and it'll be nice to have another girl in the group.

Murry was her usual self sticking close to Mom, but she enjoys going. Part of it is me--I know--since I don't like her to get too far. We have a lot of 2 and 3 year old boys and they are well--boys. She's younger and a timid lil thing. I do let her venture more when it's a park or somewhere where there is more stuff that is for her age.

Ok here's my tangent for the day----I picked up some books yesterday at the library---a romance, a mystery, and a few on motherhood. It's nice that there are some honest books about what motherhood is like. It is not all roses and smiles. Sure there are times when my heart is bursting with love and there are many times when I want to walk out and say --this is not what I signed up for. Today started out as one of those days. Lately Murry wakes up talking nonstop about what she wants and she wants it 10 minutes ago. Now I don't want to discourage her from talking, but anyone who knows me even the least little bit knows that mornings aren't my finest times. So I try to ignore her, but she was driving me nuts, nuts! She wasn't doing anything bad, I just needed a few minutes of peace and quiet. When I'm in my "mornings suck" mood it's hard to get excited b/c "I find duck" for the 300th time. That's great honey--move along. "I find duck"--yes dear I'm so proud--now go play please. This went on till I left the room to go straighten up---here she comes with the magazine--"I find duck" Grrrrrr. Super, now can you find something else please. Where's your baby? Have you given your baby some milk this morning? Momma? Yes Ann-Marie? I find duck......Superfantabulous!
Then we went to the playdate because Mama couldn't handle hearing about the duck for the 301st time. She was such a good little girl and we had fun shopping--she was acting all silly and giving me hugs and kisses. She wanted the balloons and the Disney pens, but took it well when I told her no she couldn't have them--so I did buy her a little coloring book. She fell asleep on the way home and even slept through a desperately needed diaper change. Awwww---that's a first for her. So see how the feeling flopped. Much like the weather around here. I realize that a lot of it is my mood, but is a Mom not allowed to have a mood since she is pretty much on the clock--round the clock? Hmmmm?

I heart the little duck finder flopping around in there--time to go...........more later maybe........

1 comment:

Resa said...

So, true. It's the little things that make our hearts melt. I am not a moring person either and I swear Dly wakes up with a smile on his face and ready to go the mintue his feet hit the ground. Glad your day got better. :o)