Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The one with No pictures.

To which you will be grateful. Monday morning. The kid is hollering at me, 9 am. I put my shoes on. (because I have to due to my foot issues) I go in and let her out of her cage...hmm hmm. bed. It's so endearing to me how she stays in her bed and waits for me. I will hurt the person who tells her she can do otherwise. I turn off the nightlight and the fan. I kiss her good morning. I make us each something to drink. Milk for her. Water for me, only because we're out of diet pepsi which i plan to pick up later. I smell dinner going in the crockpot, a big western omelet casserole. Pat myself on the back for planning ahead. Then I get another whiff, and nausea hits. Uh oh. Well I'm not a morning person, and I don't like hearty foods in the morning, so I'm just sure that's it. It passes, and I eat breakfast. Cereal. The kid picks at her whole grain Mickey Mouse clubhouse cereal. No amount of Mickey is selling her on the taste.

I do my morning chores, get myself ready and then her ready to go. We have a lunch date with my Nana. As I'm getting things ready to head out the door, another wiff of dinner and more nausea. Maybe I just don't like the smell of onions in the morning, I tell myself. Except now it's 11:30 am and I'm not believing myself. I have plans this week, and I've hardly been well since Christmas, this just cannot be happening AGAIN. So I pretend that it isn't. I convince myself that I just need a good BM and I'm good for go. ( as Murry would say)

So off we go. I get to Nana's, have that good bm I wished for, and.... I feel worse. Still in denial we head off to lunch at Pei Wei. We walk in and the smell alone almost makes me lose my fiber one flakes. I keep pretending I'm okay. Apparently I think I can pretend this one away. I sit down and eat 2 bites. I am drinking sprite b/c even the thought of my beloved diet pepsi makes me queasy. Still I am pretending I am okay. Not doing a good job, but trying to convince myself. When I cannot eat anymore, it becomes quite obvious that I am SICk. So we head out fast and I wonder why I ever left the house and how fast can I get back. I drop Nana off at her place with instructions to clean her toilet well and she gives me the infected bottle of pepto that I took a dose of. I'm trying to concentrate on making it home with all my food in my body at both ends. I'm singing, I'm focusing on everything else. But my body is punishing me for igonoring it. I'm hot then I'm cold. I get a little light headed. 4 miles down the road I can't take it anymore. I pull over and pretty much fill up a 2 gallon trashcan with watery toast oasties. aka fiber one, sprite, water and 2 bites of Pei Wei chicken. But I feel somewhat better. Good enough to drive home. I think about calling dh to come drive me home, but anyone dumb enough to leave home feeling that bad can surely get herself home. So I use baby wipes to wipe me down. I lysol wipe down the car. I assure darling daughter that I will live and off I go. We make it home where I put on a movie for kiddo and doze on the couch in good pain, but afraid to take advil. After movie I put kid and myself down for naps. She has the gaul to fight me on it. Even feeling like the nast, I will not let her win this one. When Mama says, "nap", you say "how long?" Ok, maybe a little stretch, but you will go in there and be quiet for at least an hour. I've survived till 4 so you can leave me alone till Daddy gets home at which point I am no longer responsible.

Later that night... roll around in the bed in pain for hours on end. Take 3 baths and get 1 hour of sleep after each one.

Tues. Dh goes to get some meds. I take thesewith a piece of toast and am back in bed by 10am and out till 6pm. Thank goodness I can sleep.

Wed. Feeling somewhat better. Tummy is still touchy, but nothing spewing from either end. So far. Praying it's over and I can have my life back.

4 comments:

Resa said...

oh wow, misty! that's awful and way TMI!! ;) I'm sorry you are so sick. I hope you are feeling better today. Dylan woke me up at 1am saying come look momma, I tired to refuse and he was persistant when I finally got up there wat puke ALL over his floor in his bedroom. ugggghhhh.... He's fine this morning, I think he just ate to much junk on VDAY. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS))).....but only from the computer until you can prove you are totally well. ;)

Trisha said...

Hope today proves to be better for you!!

Anonymous said...

It's Jen, don't have an account yet...just wanted to say that I love your detailed description of being sick...hmmm, makes me wanna have an omelette.

Lisa said...

im sorry you are sick..we've been having it here with Logan...hopefully just him...hope you feel better soon