Saturday, May 20, 2006

This little bed....

Friday we had a playdate and grocery shopping date with the 2T's...Trisha and Tally. Is this not the sweetest, most peaceful, thing you have ever seen...like ever? The girls had so much fun playing together. Ann-Maries kept saying, " Tally in the bedroom" which is AM speak for c'mon Tally get in here...
All in all a nice day, but we did keep them out at the store too long and had a couple meltdowns right at the end which resulted in this....T was out before we got out of the parking lot and AM was just right behind her. Ahh the blessed silence of the sleeping babes....




This is my little cowgirl. She's so into trying on my shoes and now she's getting into sunglasses. She picked out this pair herself. :D Doesn't she look proud of herself? And those are my new house-shoes that they got me for Mother's Day! My other ones were about 5 years old!















More of my girl just goofing out.

She's wearing Uncle Ricky's colors. We thought of him when we picked up this OSU dress. Always been more of an OU girl myself. Mostly because I like red more than orange.....not the best reason to pick a team. Hmmm hmmm Anyhow since Uncle Ricky goes to OSU now, we have gotten her lots of orange OSU stuff. She got compliments from many ppl while we were out today. I guess the OU fans were nice enough to keep their mouth closed.

D & I were talking today about how she seems like a girly girl one day, and a little tomboy the next. I hope she stays that way. Secure in that she's a woman, but unafraid to do whatever she wants to do. Right now that boils down to eating dirt, and sticking it in her diaper, but you know what I mean.





Things that make you go AWWWW...well maybe not you, but me for sure

Tonight as I was sitting down to get my computer warmed up for the evening....just about Murry's bedtime, she comes in and asks me in just the sweetest voice, "Mama go play in the bedroom?" Now how could I resist that? Couldn't. So I went in to see what we would "play". I try to let her lead. She wanted to sit in the tent. So we got some pillows and a few stuffed animals. She wanted to sing songs, so we turned the light out, and put the pixie lamp on and sang away. Then I remembered seeing one of her CD's laying around, so I went to grab it and we listened to some Toddler Tunes! She thought that was just the coolest. I haven't had them out because the last time I tried, she just wasn't interested at all. Well that has changed for sure! She could have listened to them all night. I had to promise to sing one at bedtime since we were moving that way. I had to listen to it several times to get part of it down because it went pretty fast. It's called, This Little Bed, and she just loooooved it. It made her want to get in her little bed and go to sleep. She told me...my little bed mama...i go sleep! *crocodile tear*

Those are the moments that make it bearable when she's being a total turkey! We won't mention those in this post and bring down the sweet factor.

5 comments:

Resa said...

Awwwww! I agree how can you resist when they ask you to play. Sounds like you had a good night and you're right...focus on the sweet moments and forget the bad ones. ;)

Resa said...

Oh and great pictures to BTW! :D

Lisa said...

Really cute pics. About OSU fans...they will always compliment your choice cause we are Oklahoma's second team so we like when people wear it!! And OU is so used to everyone wearing it...IMO

Trisha said...

Sweetness!!

Unknown said...

OK, can I just say that I am SO jealous that your kids fall asleep in the car? We can leave for a two hour trip home from grandma's at their bedtime and they'll screw around for a good hour and half of the trip and fall asleep right before we get home. Grrrrrrr...

Thanks so much for stopping by! My dream is that our house is only one month behind at this point! :)