Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My thoughts put to paper......or screen...

Why is it that some people have to be such freaking losers. Why do they have to ruin a person's life. Take it away and leave others behind feeling sad, lost, scared, and unsafe. What gives them the right.....why, why, why? Not fair!!!

I went over on Tues and saw my family. Saw those left behind to pick up the pieces from what this asswipe has done. The funeral is Friday, and I'm going sans Murry. I sure don't think she's ready for funerals. Poor kid can't handle the stampede in Lion King, she'd lose it at a funeral.

So yes I'm angry! And yes my sense of security in the world is rocked. I know I can't worry myself crazy, but it just sucks to not even feel like you can let your guard down in your own home. That's supposed to be your soft place to fall. Where you can hang out and just be yourself. I've always been cautious. I lock doors behind me to the point of driving dh insane. I lock him out of the house when he does yardwork...hee hee. I think it's a good habit. I think he thinks it's a fault. He on the other hand forgets to lock the door...which definitely is a fault. He's tons better than he used to be, but sometime I still get up and find a door unlocked which makes my stomach turn.

So now I'm jumping at every noise and looking over my shoulder...which I hate! New houses have different noises, and I think I was getting used to city noises., sort of. I sure don't miss them, however. I wasn't one of those kids who was scared of the dark, so I sure don't like being a grown-up who is. This is just one of the many reasons I do not watch the news. I don't need the downer or the worry that it brings.

Are we living in scarier times? Or are we just more aware of the meaness in the world because we're so connected technology-wise? Can I just make me a bubble and go live in it....doyathink?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I hear ya...I'm praying that they'll find the guy that did this. I think stuff like this happened but it was rarer...there are more and more people now...who knows..

Trisha said...

(((Misty)))

Resa said...

((((Misty)))) Sending *BIG HUGS* your way.