Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Motherhood.....a day in the park...

Ok so maybe it's not always a day in the park. Like right now. I've been trying to get the kid to take a nap for 45 minutes and she's not having it. Except, wait, it is quiet right now. Ahhh the silence.....I have to wake her up in 45 more minutes to go to my WW meeting. My peek at the scale says I'll have good news to report!!! *fingers crossed* I've been pretty good this week, so it's no huge surprise.

Onto that park business....Miss Murry and I went to the park today. As in walked about 8 blocks. So it was the long, slow toddler walk. It was supposed to wear her out and make naptime easier. Guess not. Anyway she walked all the way there. Well here are the pics of my favorite lil gal:

I had packed us a lunch--sandwiches, chips, and an orange. (lowfat chips) ;) --picture above--



We went on the merry-go-round together....what fun! It's so nice to act like a kid again, sometimes.


She climbed"up the stairs" as she says and played with the wheel.

She sat on and rocked on the zebra thing (horse per Murry) forever. Worked for me. Mom took a break.


























The best part of our little trip to the park isn't in a pic. This park has a flat swing which actually doesn't cut my ass half in two. So we swang in that together. She had both hands around my neck and I was laying down holding onto the chains. She was having the best time, and I held on till I thought my hands might fall off. She kept saying, "I like it, Mama" and "fun Mama" I would have gone longer, but I swear my arm muscles were giving out. It was good mommy moment. One I want to remember when I'm having a rough day with her.

On the way home, she fell and skinned her knees. So I ended up carrying her about 6 blocks in my already tired arms. It was worth every second. She is such a sweetheart. She was talking about the swing and the slide and all the fun she had at the park. I told her how proud I was that she listened to mommy and that we would go back soon. (read as--no fit when we left) I even had the camera ready. I was gonna take a picture of the crying face, but she was a big girl about it. We came down the last few blocks with her riding on my shoulders. I could tell she didn't want it to end. It was a little hard getting her into the house. It makes me happy that the best times are times we spend playing together.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I loved the pics. It looked like a fun day. Those moments keep me going too, and we hope it makes an impression on them. You're a good mommy!

Resa said...

Great pictures and sounds like you both had a great time at the park. I love days like that. :)