Thursday, March 30, 2006

The full report

I'll start with Tuesday. Trisha and Miss Tally came over and we went out for lunch and a little shopping. The girls played good together for the most part. Sharing is a work in progress. Trisha got a few pics of them holding hands which is how their friendship started. Tuesday was a good day.

Then Tuesday night I went to my WW meeting to find out that I had gained 1lb. Yuck! I knew I hadn't been being good. So I'm back on track this week and so far hanging in there. I will have good numbers to report next week.

Then Wednesday we hit a playdate with the playgroup. I snapped just a couple pics there. The one of Ann-Marie is very close up and it would be a great one if my camera wasn't so fuzzy when I zoom. I'd like to get one that zooms better someday. Notice how the boo-boo is healing up nicely! I always mean to take more pics, but then Murry needs something and I'm easily side-tracked. Mommy-brain!!!


After we left the playdate we hit Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. Wednesday was a great day. She was being such a little sweetie, and we had fun together. After a quick nap, I took her out to Mamaw'shouse to hang out while I helped Dan clean up windows in the house. That is when the $$$ incident happened.

Today on the other hand has been a crapper of a day. The potty training had been going relatively well, but today was not good. Two "accidents" withing 15 minutes or so. I think she gets mad at me for getting busy and just does it. Which thoroughly makes me mad. I ended up giving Mommy a time-out for 5 minutes in the bedroom so that I didn't lose my temper. The last accident she looked right at me and peed her pants...and the floor. Oh child! How I wanted to throttle you. Tomorrow will be better...tomorrow will be better...tomorrow will be better!


Post Script....you knew I had one more in me...right? Well tonight her little funny was yelling for Mommy or Daddy since she couldn't fall asleep. Dan went in the first time and told her it was time to go to sleep. She said, "Oh, yeah...." Like that's what I'm in here for. The best part he said was the way she said it. In this really deep voice like and like "oohhh yeeeah!" Think Barry White in that one commercial. He came out of ther cracking up. She knows how to make us laugh, that's for sure.

Tangent. Tonight's tangent is on TV. I can't watch hardly anything anymore. You wanna know what my kiddo learned to say tonight?? Assgrabber. *raised eyebrow* You wanna know what shows I'm subjecting her to?? Everybody Loves Raymond! I turned CSI off....too gory...to watch the invention show....saw maybe 1/2 of it in all the craziness of playtime and pottytime. Then at 9, I thought Raymond was a decent choice. What is the world coming to???
Yeah I think we may have to start turning the TV off more.......

It is late and Blogger is being a pain so I'll post the pics tomorrow......

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I hope you have a better day today. Gotta be ready for backsliding. It's worth the patience and effort you are putting in now so you can not worry about it later. She's not even two and she's so close to being potty trained! Barry White? That's so funny! It's so hard to keep a straight face and they always do funny stuff at that time. Well if you can forgive Ann Marie for backsliding, you can forgive yourself for falling back on WW. Just forget about the numbers and focus on being healthy. Being good doesn't always equal a decrease, but sticking to it does...just my little pep talk for the day.

Resa said...

Sounds like you've had a pretty busy week. Hang in there with the PT stuff. She'll get it. I totally understand the TV thing. It's amazing what you actually see and hear on TV especially when you have little ones. I didn't notice half of it until Dylan came along, now I don't want much of anything, but cartoons on if he is up. It's crazy.
Sorry about the extra lb, just keep on keepin' on girl. Remember this is a new week. :)

CameraDawktor said...

Yeah, our kids don't watch sitcoms. Reality shows, but not sitcoms.

Assgrabber - that really is a yikes. A month ago my 7 year-old said, "Oh Shit!" It raised my eyebrows but he really didn't know what he was saying!!