Sunday, October 29, 2006

Post & Song...

Music often touches me deeply. Today as I was leaving the park after having wrestled my fit-throwing toddler into her carseat, this (in the post below) song came on.It was perfect. I needed it. She was so upset because she wasn't ready to leave, and she was very tired. This came at just the right time. It helped me to take a deep breath, put on my prozac face and just enjoy the moment. Enjoy the moment? Huh? Yeah, I know. But I was just glad to have her after being away from her for a couple days. And I could take joy in the fact that I was being a good parent. I had told her that she could pick one more thing to do and then we would be leaving. Well when I tried to take her hand, she ran and got back on the equipment. I pulled her off and told her that she could either walk to the car, or I could carry her, but if she continued to throw a fit, she would get a spanking. As I'm saying this, a dad was sitting on the bench and he gave me a knowing look and a wink. It helped at that moment. It was a been there done that, you're doing good kind of nod. Anyhow, she got that spanking and she
got quiet for a good 10 or 15 minutes(after she fought me about getting in the carseat) This song came on and just made the moment somehow okay. So besides that 30 minutes of the day, it has been a wonderful day, and I missed my kid something crazy. I think 1 night apart is all I can handle for a while. I am finding that I need her as much as she needs me.

That last paragraph focuses on the 30 minutes that wasn't too great out of the day. Most of it was nice, though. I went to get her first thing this morning and spent the morning over at Mom's house. She was just playing and having fun over there. Took her a little bit to forgive me for "abandoning" her for the weekend. We left there and came home to get ready to go to lunch and the park since it was so very beautiful today. I'm going to try to get out tomorrow and should have cute pics to share!





3 comments:

Trisha said...

;) aww!

Resa said...

It is hard being away, especially over night. Sounds like you had a rough momment at the park, but isn't it amazing how a song or something someone says or does just makes everything alright. I try to remind myself on a daily basis how blessed I really am to have everything I have. :) I love the song such a great reminder.

Lisa said...

That made me cry misty. You are right it's just thirty minutes and Im cranky and throw fits for thirty minutes but it shouldn't ruin the day or the way you look at murray's behavior.